Monday, September 8, 2008

First day of school

WOW! I can't believe that the first week of school has already flown by. Maddie started first grade this year and is loving school already. She seems to like her teacher and is excited to be seeing old friends and meeting new ones. My little social butterfly has mentioned that her teacher has already had to tell her to quiet her voice and stop talking-it might be a long year in that department. Anyway, Jake and Luke have adjusted as well, not having her to play with. Jake pretends to go to dinosaur school-which he made up himself-and loves to eat his lunch out of his lunch box like his sister. I'am hoping to spend some time with Jake and teach him his letters and numbers which he seems to be interested in, but can't seem to get him to sit long enough to do anything. Maybe I should think about having school on his skateboard?!

Choosing the first day of school outfit was very important to her. This is what she chose.
Getting ready to walk out the door on the first morning. Can't believe I wasn't late. Jake was upset that he wasn't able to go to school.
Maddie in her first day of class. She knew one of the kids at her table so that made her feel a little more at ease.